• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My idea for a mouse pad for the MX1000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Some people say that they cannot lift their mx1000 or it will stop working.
Well I tried mine on a regular mousepad and my desktop maybe I could lift it 1/4 of an inch with movement.

But on one of my ghetto mousepads I could raise it more than a half inch with movement..
Nevermind the mx700, it's an old picture.

mousepad16cz.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, but sometimes that gives unwanted results. Because the whole idea of lifting the mouse and setting it back down is to be able to turn more in that particular direction... Allowing the mouse to be able to sense even higher, means that when you go to move the mouse back to the other side, your moving the mouse back in the opposite direction where you'd want to go. Especially in games.

I noticed that it could sense like 1/4" off the ground compared to my mx700. At first it was annoying, but then i got used to it. I don't see why you would want it to be able to sense higher. I think people would rather have it respond faster when lifted up.

On some of the earlier opinions of this mouse some complained that it would go into hibernation or the laser would shut down, if lifted up, creating a minute amount of lag . When I hooked mine up I didn't notice that on any surface. Maybe they fixed the problem. I have version 1.4.

There is suppose to be a pic in the first thread but I don't see it. Maybe Imageshack is down.

OnDborder said:
On some of the earlier opinions of this mouse some complained that it would go into hibernation or the laser would shut down, if lifted up, creating a minute amount of lag . When I hooked mine up I didn't notice that on any surface. Maybe they fixed the problem. I have version 1.4.

There is suppose to be a pic in the first thread but I don't see it. Maybe Imageshack is down.

You have versione 1.4 of the mx1000? I just bought mine, so if 1.4 is the latest version, hopefully that's what I have (how do I check it anyway?).

Also, what kind of mouse padsa re you guys using with the mx1000? I just had a regular pad for my optical mouse and I was just going to use it for the mx1000... should I purchase a special one?

i'm using mine on the wood of my desk and it works good, but i have a cheapo mouse pad coming in tomorrow..

how do i check which version, i got this for christmas

techun said:
i'm using mine on the wood of my desk and it works good, but i have a cheapo mouse pad coming in tomorrow..

how do i check which version, i got this for christmas

Hopefully we got the latest versions, but maybe he was talking about software version? I dont know, check under the mouse, or on the box somewhere.

My desk surface is glass... so i dont know if the laser would go right through it. The optical mouse didnt like the glass/transparent surface... so I am guessing I will have to use a pad again.

BTW... do you guys turn this think on/off everytime you turnr on/off the computer? Or does it do it on its own?

I don't know if it does it on its own, but i don't bother turning my on or off. The battery's been going for a full week and its just started showing 1 bar today, which means the battery is 1/2 used. So in another week or so, i'll just have to charge it and it'll last another 2 weeks. I really don't see the point of turning it on/off since it lasts so long.

i've just been putting mine in the cradle..but that's partly just to show it off :) (i live in a family where an optical mouse is fancy, and a light in a computer is amazing)

what makes a good mouse pad? i dont mean for comfort i mean for maximum sensativeity for the mouse and precision...for OPTICAL mice...i mean...like wouldnt a mirror work best or somethin?

I read, in one of these forums, that it says what version it is on the cd sleeve. Maybe, maybe not, but mine says "Rev. 1.4".

hmm, well mne 'hibernates' after a little while where it will turn off everything but the laser sort of, just because it knows when it has been moved.

I turn mine off after i use it usually or at night..It doesnt hurt and probably lets the battery last longer.

Back