• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi Everybody:-) advice needed pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jammy Johnny

cpu-1999.JPG

Hi, I would like to start by saying that this is a gr8 looking site and look forward to sharing views in the coming months. And being a forum owner myself I will respect and obey your rules. :burn:

I am quite new to overclocking and although I build Systems for my friends, I Dont know very much about overclocking, But i am desperate to learn and will be reading a few of the topics on this site so that i can mess about with one of my own systems (wouldent even think about it on a friends YET!) ;)

At present I am running a System that covers me for running my own forum (which is down at the moment due to my hosts fault) and i also play a couple of games on it, namely Call Of Duty and Blackhawk Down.

My spec:
-----------

Asus A7V600-X (bios =1007 December 2004).
Amd Sempron 3000+ L2 cache of 512k, 12X Multi @ 2000GHz (333 FSB).
1024Mb of Kingston Ram, PC2700 (512mb X 2 sticks).
256Mb nVidia GeFORCE FX5500 Gfx card.
Really old Soundcard and speakers lol (APAC FM801 and 5:1 speakers).
akasa (AK-795) Copper based cooler.
17" TFT LCD monitor.
Logitech Cordless optical mouse and keyboard.
ATX type case with Case fans, DVD burner, DVD player.
4Mb Broadband using Cable Modem.
Me Sitting in Chair Usually talking a load of C**p (what the wife says lol)
---------------------------------------
So is there anyway that i can do a bit of clocking to this system?
Any help would be welcome :beer:
Regards

Jammy Johnny (john Mc)
Scotland
GB

Last edited:
Jhonny:-

You should start off by reading the stickys. Start with the one's which discuss the basic techniques of overclocking in the general hardware section. Then you could move onto the memory section and finally to the all important motherboard section. Look for your particular Motherboard and I'm sure you will find plenty of informative posts.

This may seem like a lot of work, but I can assure you that the results are rewarding. Every one of us started off like you and from my personal experience, reading up first has always been the most efficient.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums bro.
I just finished building a sempron system for my sis. no overclocking tho... dont want it crashing while im away at school.
Anyways check out the stickies and use the search feature.
there is seriously tons of info here if you know where to look.

Back