• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

15 MB/s SANDRA??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmitchellfly

Is my Maxtor 120 dying? I ran sandra and it scores 15 MB/s :confused: . The identicle drive on a friends pc gets 51 MB/s. Is it time to replace it?

I ran sandra right after a fresh install of win xp/sp2 and all my applications.

Well I fixed it! Not sure exactly what was causing it. I cleared the cmos and reset the ide cable and power cable to my main hdd, rebooted and vavoom - good to go. Sandra gave me a 51 MB/s score.

Mine is getting 8.5gb/s. I tryed swapping cables, no luck. Any other ideas?

Welcome to the Forums!

While Sandra is not greatly accurate, it's not usually that bad. Have you checked the device mode in Device Manager? Start > right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager assuming XP and standard menus. Once there select the ATAPI/ATA controllers and look at the mode under Advanced Settings. It should be in DMA mode.

It can also be something dumb like a really badly fragged drive.

You guys are getting more than my Raptor..Mine gets 45mb/s read. I wish I could trade my write speeds with my read. Sandra shows over 80mb/s write. lol

Back