• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Age of Empires III Confirmed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was the feature in the latest PC Gamer, w00r. First Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, then Fallout 3 is announced (and Betheseda is making it!!) and then this. The future is looking awesome right now.

Oh wow *JIZZ* oh wow *SQUIRT* this it awesome!!! *DROOL* I've logged tens of thousands of hours on AOE 2 and still play it often. Age of Mythology was a big disappointment because of all the magic and gods and whatnot, I didn't like that.

I hope they don't put guns in AOE, then it wouldn't really be AOE (yes I know AOE2 has hand cannonners but you know what I mean). I hope this is nothing more than AOE 2 but with more civilizations, bigger maps, better AI, and better graphics.

Can't wait... *SLOBBER* *PANT PANT PANT*

This one had better be a lot better than AOE2, because I hated that game. I hope the absence of resource deposit buildings means there is a lot less emphasis on base building and more on combat, Empire Earth 2-style.

tenchi86 said:
WarCraft is much better then these they are not nearly in depth. Any way I geuss this is cool.

WarCraft?? depth?? what are you talking about? Both WC1 and WC2 had few resources to manage, few military units to pick from, and small maps, single play was limited, and making your own maps was hardly fun.

the AoE Both 1 and 2 had lots to do, mind you AoE1 was about the same as WC2, with a few more inital choices, but gameplay being the same.

WC3 is along the same line as AoM, Both are fun, but both are on the way to RPG, from RTS with Heros and what not, proof in point WoW,

As for AoE3, I can't wait, I hope to see AoE3, play like Cossacks EU, but faster, and with out large amounts of fire arms.

More strategy gameplay, resouce holding, trade routes, friendly fire, formations.

I have the PC Gamer mag, and the screenshots are incredible. Easily the best looking RTS ever. AoE3 looks more like Rise of Nations than AoE2 though. AoE3 takes place between 1500 AD and 1850 AD. AoE3 uses a brand new engine, which incoporates Havok physics. (!!) So when destroying buildings, no two demolitions will be the same. Cannons will send troops flying into the air, crashing into other troops and knocking them over. One caption even notes destructible environments :D

AoE3 will certainly be on my list of games to buy this year. I highly suggest to anyone who's interested, to go pick up this issue of PC Gamer. It's got an 8 page preview :)

Eh. I never liked the series. I'll wait for a new Total War game or StarCraft 2. The graphics are very cool though. What's the projected release date?

Zim2411 said:
I have the PC Gamer mag, and the screenshots are incredible. Easily the best looking RTS ever. AoE3 looks more like Rise of Nations than AoE2 though. AoE3 takes place between 1500 AD and 1850 AD. AoE3 uses a brand new engine, which incoporates Havok physics. (!!) So when destroying buildings, no two demolitions will be the same. Cannons will send troops flying into the air, crashing into other troops and knocking them over. One caption even notes destructible environments :D

AoE3 will certainly be on my list of games to buy this year. I highly suggest to anyone who's interested, to go pick up this issue of PC Gamer. It's got an 8 page preview :)

I wonder if they will include age of Sail like battles since battles were Nations instead of tribes in that time frame, and these nations sailed to eachother and battled on the sea, I do hope to see some detailed sea battles, as well as land fighting, it would be nice to be able to take an enemies ship or building in this game with out the need for religion.

i hope MS doesnt do the limiting crap to liek 200 units - this is why i hate msot MS game like this they limit you to the amount of units you can build, makes it no fun!

uh... Mr. Guv, most strategy games do that(the good ones at least).

Homeworld
Warcraft
Starcraft
AOE
Civilization
Rome Total War
C&C
Total Annihilation...

I love AOE2 so many hours on it, and i played AOM loads as well.

Good news! :attn:

i dont mind the pop limit, but i like it when all units are worth the same amount of pop (AOE2) but dont like it when units are worth different amounts (Warcraft3)

cant wait, can someone post a release date please

Back