• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered a dfi LP UT and CH 3400 need help with short question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slurve

Registered
What bios should I flash to when I get the board?
What settings should I change before anything else?(IE with the new bios what isnt set to a default for the DTR processor... I want to be able to get this thing up and running asap once I get it. What things should I be on the look out for? Any other sage advice is welcome...

By the way its a DTR Clawhammer if that wasnt obvious, I'll let you all know the revision/week when I get it

Slurve said:
What bios should I flash to when I get the board?
What settings should I change before anything else?(IE with the new bios what isnt set to a default for the DTR processor... I want to be able to get this thing up and running asap once I get it. What things should I be on the look out for? Any other sage advice is welcome

1. Flash to the newest bios for the motherboard. You can also take a look at that JSJ (Jess1313 and SamuraiJack) modded bioses, such as the 10/15 (or 05) that allow for the 4.0 vdimm option.

2. For the best advice, head over to www.dfi-street.com/forum and read all pertinent stickies in the Athlon 64 section.

3. Also, know that a healthy power and decent ram will be needed to properly clock your system. Oh, and avoid SATA ports 1 & 2 (native NVIDIA), as they will only allow for 240HTT. But all of this information (and much more) is available in the stickies at dfi street.

4. For future reference, such a specific question should be directed to the Motherboards - > AMD Motherboards - > DFI AMD Motherboards section.

deception``

Thanks

yeah, my fault... I will look around the street stickies then. Thanks again

Slurve said:
yeah, my fault... I will look around the street stickies then. Thanks again

Don't apologize. Worse things could have happened. Besides, we all make mistakes from time to time. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask or drop me a pm. Good luck with your DFI/DTR purchase. :thup:

deception``

Npetune3000 said:
Also make sure you have the appropriate HSF since the DTRs dont have any heatspreaders.
The Thermalright SLK-948U works without any mods. Does anyone know of any other brand/model of heatsink that will also work w/o a mod?

Back