• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding my laptop to my Username?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerXLT8

Ok guys I've been folding with my main rig for Team 32 for a few months now under name BDerchak2, now my mom just got a Dell lappy, 2.2ghz Celeron and she agreed to let me run F@H when she's not using the laptop as long as I help her whenever she needs help, she's just learning how to use comp. Now I installed F@H on here and entered my username(BDerchak2), so my question is, will the WUs and points earned by both computers be credited to BDerchak or is there some other way I have to set this up so the points from both my rig and the laptop are credited to BDerchak2? Thanks a bunch and Happy New Year!!!!!!!

just the username should credit all points to yourself.. if you want to check go to their stats page and look yourself up, should say 2 cpus.

I highly recommend you ad the following to your client.cfg

battery=yes

that way when your moms laptop is on battery, it wont fold, so the battery will last more than 30 minutes ;)

Just leave it on no and make sure it never run's off the battery :D

As long as you open the client.cfg and see that your team is set to 32 and your username is set to what you want, you will get credit for it.

Excellent, thanks for the help.

jonspd said:
Just leave it on no and make sure it never run's off the battery :D

Thanks for the warning, I already have it set so it doesn't run when on battery. Fold On!!!!

Did I speak too soon?

Errrrrrrrr, I jsut checked the stats page and it says only 1 active cpu in the past 7 days, is this because my second cpu has not completed a WU?

RangerXLT8 said:
Errrrrrrrr, I jsut checked the stats page and it says only 1 active cpu in the past 7 days, is this because my second cpu has not completed a WU?

Yes, your second CPU will have to turn in a WU before getting counted. Even after it turns it in it will sometimes take a day or so before showing up.

Back