• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT is lagging. anyone know how to reassign IRQ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time4aMassiveOC

hey guys...i cant figure out why my 6800gt is lagging while in game. ive had the cable guys out here 3 times now and they assure me there is nothing wrong with my connection.

im thinking that either my soundcard or my video card are sharing an IRQ with my ethernet. and it dont like to share. how do i find out?

here is my IRQ list

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 3 Communications Port (COM2) OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
IRQ 5 Intel(R) 82801EB SMBus Controller - 24D3 OK
IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 12 Microsoft PS/2 Mouse OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2 OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE OK
IRQ 17 Realtek AC'97 Audio OK
IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7 OK
IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4 OK
IRQ 20 VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 21 Creative SB Audigy OK
IRQ 22 Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller OK
IRQ 22 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 23 Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD OK

any help would be appreciated

and here are my conflicts/sharing

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to AGP Controller - 2571
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to AGP Controller - 2571
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to AGP Controller - 2571
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Time4aMassiveOC said:
hey guys...i cant figure out why my 6800gt is lagging while in game. ive had the cable guys out here 3 times now and they assure me there is nothing wrong with my connection.
Do you mean that you have lag while playing online, how about lag when you play offline?

Is it with all online games? If not, what game do you play?

i dont know if i lag in Americas army or not. i cant really tell. but in JK2 jedi knight(my fav game) i lag like a mofo. lag spikes 24/7 this started on my old computer like 2 months ago...i got my new computer and still have the spikes. i have no clue what the problem is. its really makin me mad... super computer...with plenty of lag...

any thoughts? video card? sound card? gone bad?

im lost.

device manager, right click, properties, goto advance, u can change irq in there... or u can do it in the bios :)

well i hate to be unappreciative...but the whole device manager right click properties, advance, change in there. was undescriptive and even tho i know what you meant. there isnt any advance to click on... i have windows xp if that helps. and change them in bios how?

please help if you can see any solutions to my problem

are you just unable to tell if your getting graphics lag or netlag?

i wouldnt think xp would allocate the same irq amongst the devices. (least not without giving you an error)

yeah basicly i had this video card in my old computer setup when this problem started for no reason at all about 2 months ago. i figured it was the cable so i called them..and they came out 3 seperate times...all 3 times assuring me nothing was wrong...they replaced my modem as well. so i waited till i got my new computer.

in my new comp everything is new but the 6800gt. and the soundcard (but i removed that and used the onboard sound and it didnt help)

so basicly it has to be the video card or the cable.. im leaning toward the cable since the video card is fairly new and has a lifetime warrenty

so im switching to dsl and if that doesnt solve my issues im callin up BFG and telling them i want a new card. lol

i really think it has to be the cabel tho...whenever i lag my fps skyrocket to the 400's

hmm never ran either while testing stability i figured playing the games i liked playing (plus doom3 the game i dont like) would be a fine test.

the single player games dont lag. and if they do i cant tell a bit.

strangely ive taken out the soundcard (in order to eliminate this) and when using the onboard i can hear my computer working sometimes!. its weird! like ill open up a folder with a series of anime in it. and i can hear it as it displays all the resolutions for each individual clip. like a deck of shuffling cards, then in other folders when the clips are displayed in thumbs i could hear a distinct whining sound as each of the thumbs loaded. and if i crank up the volume i can also hear a buzzing sound as i move the mouse. along with a ever so faint click randomly that i cant figure out what is assosiated with.

also when watching some anime. some(not all) of them have obviously different audio formats or something because the right side makes weird noises while the left side plays the sound.

while ive never experienced this with my audigy card

i really doubt this is the problem with my lag as this is probly caused by interference or some other such thing. but who knows. i cant hear this stuff with my soundcard.

we will see when i change to dsl here in a few days.

lol now as i write this avg antivirus has come on and its scanning automaticly (set time) and it makes a whole jumble of sounds from clicking so fast its like shuffling cards to beeps to static and squeaking and ..lol undescribable by words sounds... i wonder why it makes them.....

Back