• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling or fan cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I am about to buy an A64 3200+ or 3500+ Winchester.I already have a Thermaltake Xaser III 2000a case with like 7 case fans.It cost a pretty penny.I keep the side panel open since its in a deck that has a seperate cubbyhole for computers---so it should get pretty good ventilation.I dont know much about cooling besides that.I was wondering who thinks I should keep the fan cooling or change to a water cooling system(and which water-cooling systems are best).Keep in mind,I dont make much money,and I already have teh Xaser case.Am I best off sticking with the fans,or saving for the water-cooling?Thanks for the input guys!

Though I'm a die-hard water cooling enthusiast, I'd say that if your current fan configuration doesn't bother your ears, then stay with air cooling. My gut feeling is that the current Winchester CPU overclockability in not that dependent upon temperature until you go hard-core, like TEC or a compressor.

Hoot

Back