• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok time to see what this Celeron D can do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepto.Bismol

Registered
OK i just built a very cheap system to upgrade my 3 yr old gateway 1.6 p4. Heres the info.

2.53 Celeron D prescott EO, Chaintech V915p mobo lga775 1gig (512 X2) Mushkin Pc 3200 ram, eVGA Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb Pci-X , Aspire Turbo case with 2 80mm intake at 4000rpm, 1 Vantec stealth 120mm fan for exhaust and 1 80 mm on the case door.

Im new to OCing but understand alot of the basics. My bios allows alot of stuff to mess with. Just wanting a good idea where to start out. I'm hoping to reach around 3ghz :attn: if at all possible. If you need anymore info to help me out just ask ,and any help will be appreiciated :D

Prescott cores tend to run hot. A general rule of thumb is raise FSB in your BIOS 1-2 at a time until the machine fails to POST. THen raise the voltage until it does!. COntinue doing this until your temps get too high or you fail Prime 95 (which can be found here http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm) which tests for CPU stability.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Last edited:
if that's J-cpu (e0) then it should oc like mad :)
but take it slow.
my first step would be cranking fsb to 200 to get 3.8ghz :D
ram to 1:1 and if there is "nb strap" option in bios, put it to fsb800.

but if 3.8ghz fails for some odd reason, start with baby steps.
nb strap to fsb800 and ram to 1:1 to avoid any ram bottlenecks.
start with like fsb 160, that equals ~3ghz speed.
use whatever you like to determine stability.. prime or 3dmark or superpi..
if fsb selected is stable, add 10mhz and continue.
if not, then add just one notch of cpu voltage. and start to increase fsb by 5mhz from now on.
if you have inbox or similar hsf, over 1.5 volts isnt very good idea..

you probably do not have to increase agp/chipset or ddr voltage because of
sub-200 fsb's :p

but i've seen celeron e0 suicide screenshots @ 4.5ghz, so good luck! :)

beau_zo_brehm said:
he has an lga775 system which means increasing the nb voltage helps a ton.

well.. only if he needs more than 200fsb..
this celeron has def fsb of 133 and multiplier is 19.

Thanks for the info I' ll get started and post results when I have the time. :burn:

Your best combination will be a 200Mhz bus clock (3.8Ghz) with a core voltage of 1.40 to 1.45 volts. This will give you 1:1 clock for the DDR400 RAM with PAT enabled, any higher will turn off PAT. A lower overclock with full DDR400 RAM speed would be a 160Mhz bus clock (3.04Ghz) and a 4:5 RAM clock ratio.

Back