• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

60$ good cooling full tower case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

short circuit

Registered
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=485281&Tab=0&NoMapp=0 its from chieftec which is also called chenming i believe but anyway i think its cheap and it does a very good job with airflow. anyone else care to comment? of course the price doesnt reflect shipping and handling.

im thinking about cutting 120mm fan hole in the side and mod a vent from my fan to my cpus heatsink.

EDITED::::::::::
for me the total is $72.66 with shipping and handling, but i live in united states(maryland) ups delivers within 2 business days so its fast, never had any complaints about tigerdirect with returning merchandise that was faulty. and if you do exchange they refund you your shipping and handling for the mailback.

Last edited:
Shipping is probably $15-$20 at least. Looks like a nice case, as long as you never have to lift it. :p

They are quality cases. If you get the chance to compare a $20 case to cases of that caliber you'll see. Just by looking at the thickness of the metal you can tell the quality of the case. I use these cases all the time for builds and the systems never overheat and the I usually outfit the case with 3 80mm fans temperature controlled (~5 volts) and it still allows for mild overclocks on stock cooling.

They also make great chassis for modders.

I have the same case only in the silver Antec/windowed flavor (one manufacturer makes the same SoHo tower for several companies), and it is definitely heavy. You will, however, have a lot of room for WC components. I went from that case to a much smaller Lian Li case, and my temps went up dramatically and the space was very cramped.

So, you'll have ample room but it is pretty heavy.

;)

its not like its a laptop. and i need the exercise anyway. and the ups guy will have to carry it around more then me lol he will probably have to bust out his cart. i like full metal side panels anyhow, they arent as pretty but you can cut holes in it and do w/e

I am currently using that case for my WC system. It is very nice. Acting on a whim, I ordered an Antec P-160 which should be here in about 4 days. I modded my Chieftech a bit or else I'd offer it up to the members after I determine that the P-160 will fit my needs.

Hoot

Hrmm, I did a little searching and found pretty much the same case made from Aluminum for the same price..

http://www.frozencpu.com/cst-54.html

I am thinking of ordering the one from FrozenCPU, since it will be MUCH lighter.. any comments on it? anyone have it?

a good case allways has weight to it, makes it sturdy
and your find is missing side fan and vents, and like i said in previous statement chieftec is also called chenming

Last edited:
i have a very similar case,the antec 1080 plus. i like a heavy, solid feeling case,if i have to move it then i consider it a workout.lol

edit: i paid about $200 for my case last year so i think this is a very good deal. you can cut your own side fan hole if you need it.

Last edited:
mattmolson said:
i have a very similar case,the antec 1080 plus. i like a heavy, solid feeling case,if i have to move it then i consider it a workout.lol

edit: i paid about $200 for my case last year so i think this is a very good deal. you can cut your own side fan hole if you need it.

I have the 1080 too. Hell over half the members here have owned this type of case at one time or another. I would rather have metal instead of aluminum with this case style if it does not get moved very often. The steel cases are so quiet and cooling problems are not an issue with these cases. I got lucky and bought a floor model that was being replaced that included the antec 430 for 80.00 last year. I cut out all the fan grills and it is even quieter.

EDIT: that first case from tigerdirect is bigger than the FrozenCPU case.

Back