• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI X800 ,what happened to it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBHarned

Registered
I have a new system ready to go (build) and I was waiting for a ATI X800 video card. It now looks like I will wait a LONG time. I was never a nvidea fan but the GT6800 chipset cards are looking real good right now.
My question is if you has $450 to drop on a video card now what would you buy and why?

Did you build a agp or pci-e system, because their are some smokin deals comming around from ati on pci-e like the x800xl. Unfortunatly they abandoned the agp market before it was dead. If agp I would go the 6800GT or x800pro. I have had both and they both seem to be equal from my experience thus far. <u x800pro with 16 pipes at stock pro speeds seems about even with my 6800GT OC at stock.

Asus A8v board,(socket 939)FX-53 AMD64 processor.
AGP video slot.
What is the "best" GT6800 chip set video card right now ?

for $450 you can find a used ultra or x800xt if you know where to look.
i don't understand why you're having trouble finding x800s though... they are plentiful now.

Back