• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need longer speaker cables....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bandit390

I just got my logitech 5300e in and now I need longer cables to set it up.

Should I get really good quality cables or should the average ones at best buy work just as good?

I will also be extending it by plugging the new cables into the cables that are on it now. So would that create more static/lower quality?

Thanks
Jon

Can you replace all the wire? or do you have to splice them? Splicing them is not the best way to make good contact but if you have to...

Average because that's what the speakers already use.

Unless you get insanely long cables, the sound will be the same.

These are great speakers but they aren't thousand dollar speakers that require high quality accessories. Just get them plugged in and enjoy.

I would have to splice, which I really don't want to do. The new cords will be just 10'-15' longer.

Expensive cables don't do anything for sound quality unless you were using the worst cables possible to begin with. In fact, since you'll be splicing this stuff yourself I recommend just getting a lot of lamp cord and finding some nice sheathing to put over it(trust me, any audiophile will tell you lamp cord works perfectly). And then you'll have your own set of custom made high quality speaker cables.

Where can I find cables with a female end and male end?

I just got back from best buy and radio shack, they have nothing.

Jon

Back