• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does my rig need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amoroso

Im in a limited amount of money... what should I do? I know overclocking is not an option with me, because my mobo doesnt allow it... well anyways, my rig is in my signature. thanks guys.

Savage has good advice. Although depending on what apps you use, 512 meg of RAM might be enough. The system don't look too bad, although the mobo is holding you back. Certainly the vid card is getting long in the tooth if you like playing games. If you are a gamer, that's the first thing to upgrade.

Ideally after the vid card, I would get a new mobo next and another stick of RAM. Depending on what speed RAM you have now, I might sell that old stick and get 2 sticks of something better. This might not be possible right now if budget is tight, but you can start saving up and planning.

You can probably get around the mobo overclocking thing but that is not what you are asking. Definately the vid card and given your present card, a substantial performance gain could be attained at nominal cost. You put up a dollar amount that you can readily afford and I am sure you will get numerous responses.

I game, the Graphics card is going to be needed I know, but any recommendations that is reasonable for one?

also the ram? should I ditch it, and get different brand? or get another, Im not sure if I can find another samsung like that.

You don't need to match the sticks, especialy if your not OCing....give us a budget and we can tell ya the best card for the buck

? so do you game? 1 gig range? Id go with a 9600pro if you can get one. im in NZ so prices are a bit weird. Might go for second hand if you can. for gaming with any card in that range 1 gig of ram is a waste.

Back