• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro or 6600GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Look in my sig and you'll see that I have a GF4 4400 which is really enough for me, but I'm planning on buying card that will last me a few more years without worrying about it.

I hear people saying that the IQ of the 9800pro is amazing. Since I mostly enjoy the quality of my screen I'd lean towards this card. It is also cheaper, better known, and I know that it's one helluva card.

The 6600GT is newer and supports later DX and OpenGL. Although it only has 128bit ram.

AGP 8x only, I dont have any PCI-E, and I dont plan to either.

So which has better IQ? Which performs better and by how much? Is 128bit ram a bad thing in this case?

Thanks. :)

That shows the 9800 being pretty good for being an older card though. It will also probably be cheaper. I also dont like the idea of it having a PCI-E to AGP bridge. It just seems like one less thing to go wrong.

So is there a difference in IQ between the two? I think that's what will win me over.

the price of 6600gt's and 9800pro's is about the same in my area so i decided to go with the 6600gt. although i know the 9800pro still hangs tuff for old technology, the 6600gt is still better.

But for the people who have had both, which has a better IQ?

And I read that also about ATI not having a PCI-E to AGP bridge for many months. You'd think that it wouldn't be THAT hard, but I guess that it is.

Can someone also explain to me the difference between NU GT LE......Does an NU look like "6600" without anything by it?

Back