• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JayD1056

Well, i finially got a new computer, have a Asus P4S800, 3.2E GHz P4. The case i have has 5 actually cooling fans, then add the stock heatsink and fan and then 1 fan to pull air from inside of the case into the psu and then antoher to push it out. So 8 total. Currently i'm idoling at 98F/39C and at full load 128F and 53.33C so i'm very happy with that. Considdering some people are having big problems with their prescott cpus hitting 160F 70-75C. Now i want to overclock it, but i'm having problems getting it stable and i'm wondering if anybody has a cool chart or something like that. I'm not going to a world record here. I'd like to idol at 115F 46C and at full load be around 145F 62C. I'm thinking around 3.5 to 3.6 GHz overall clock speed. I was wondering if anybody already had some stable Vcore numbers and so on. I've seen them for maxed out at 4.15 GHz on this cpu. If anybody can point me in the right direction for a link or anything that'd be cool. I don't need a huge tutorial i've just given up on looking for some raw numbers.

Jay

forgot to mention i'm running pc3200/DDR400 at 512 but i'm adding another 512 stick within the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Hi!

Take a look at the box of the cpu and post the spec# of your cpu. Here are some basic types:
SL7B8, SL7KC, SL7E5, SL7PN.

Most of these cpus will do to approximately FSB 230 on stock voltage. You've got to quite careful about your temps because the Intel stock cooler is barely adequate for normal operation, and this will likely become a significant issue.

Most PC3200 RAM can do FSB230 1:1 no probs.

So what I'd do is slowly increase your FSB by 5s and stresstest. When you hit your temp max threshold, then stop. If you manage to the FSB230 range with good temps, then swap down to a 4:5 CPU-RAM divider (taking RAM speed out of the equation), and continue increasing the FSB until you can go no further without increasing the core voltage. I don't think I'd try increasing your core voltage with a stock cooler.

navig

thanks for the reply. So far i'm up to 212 on the fsb. 848.1 on the Bus Speed and overall i'm at 3392.3 and i'm idoling at 105-110F 44-45C. So i'll CPU-Z a pic and attach it here when i get it there. Or if my temps are idoling at 115F/47.11C.

ok.
http://home.comcast.net/~jayd1056/cpuz.htm
instead of taking a pic and using up ocforums.com's server space i hosted a htm file on my server. I clocked it to 3519.7 MHz, and my idol temps are great. 43C 107F and i was going to go to 115 but why bother. I'm satisified with this and if i want to go more i can. I don't know what the temp will be at max, but i'm guessing around 140F/60C. I'm at 229 FSB 879.9 Bus. 1.344V.

I was a little confused with the ASUS bios because they had a division sign next to the FSB. Which is pretty stupid on my account. Everything seams fully operational as of this moment. I've left cpu-z on for a while and it's averaged my cpu out to 16% and i'm at 44C. So looking good. Thanks.

Jay

oh. overall time setting numbers, checking temps, blah blah blah, 15 minutes.

i also got it to go all the way down to 41C 104F. Never thought it would go that far down. Now i have to clock it some more.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum!!!

I would suggest you read this thread. It has some VERY useful information. It is a long thread but well worth it to take the time to read.

I am not to fimiliar with your motherboard, and after doing some reading I would be very careful overclocking your Prescott on that board. These Prescott's are very power hungry beasts and some of us have even fried our "top of the line" Socket 478 motherboards.

Good Luck!!

Ed

EDIT: I also noticed that your mobo doesn't support Dual Channel ram so you are going to take a performance hit for that. That would make you getting another 512 stick of memory useless if you want dual channel.

Last edited:
Back