• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce 5 to clock Pentium 4 bus to 1200MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stability??? Seeing is believing. I hope they can pull it off, too little too late in my opinion. The era of 875 is at an end. Long live 875!

dicecca112 said:
I believe the inquirer as far as I can throw it.

I have had to pull inaccurate Inquirer news/comments/etc. off the front page of a site I work at multiple times before.

Although, a good portion of their stuff I would say is pretty accurate.

I tend to lean more on the side of no beleiving them in terms of future product predicting. If it is something like "reports coming in of blah" or " do this to make your internet browser faster. It works for us" I usually beleive them, but for something like "blahblahblah to be XXXX in the near future" etc., I tend not to.

This, I would go 50/50 on.

The 925XE boards, the Asus P5AD2-E especially, easily clocks to 300 FSB or above if you have a chip with a low enough multiplier.

sp00L said:
Stability??? Seeing is believing. I hope they can pull it off, too little too late in my opinion. The era of 875 is at an end. Long live 875!

I am keeping my IC7 max 3 for another 6 months :cool:

Their reference board better have one hell of a VRM for manufactures to follow. The main problem is power and a chip that's getting too hot anyway. The 875 can do 300 and then some if you beef up the VRM and keep the chip cool enough.

Tebore said:
Their reference board better have one hell of a VRM for manufactures to follow. The main problem is power and a chip that's getting too hot anyway. The 875 can do 300 and then some if you beef up the VRM and keep the chip cool enough.

The new generation LGA775 boards have much beefier (for lack of a better term) power circuitry than the previous generation 865/875 platform.

Back