• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Etymotic ER-6 Isolators did I do good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

I sort of impulsively bought the Etymotic ER-6 Isolators when i saw them on slickdeals for $50. since they're normally double that, it seemed great.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/t64722.html

does anyone have any opinions of them? i have read a bunch of reviews that love them, and cnet says they're the best earbuds for the price($130), but i want some actual experiences, and opinions on rather $50 shipped was a average / good / great deal.

I have tried earbuds like these, I'm not sure if they were the exact same though; I know they cost about 150. But it was pretty much total isolation, the sound should take over your brain. I think you did very well, let us know how they turn out.

My friend has a pair of these and I love them. I love how it is just you and the music and nothing else.

You got yourself an amazing deal on those, if you dont like them you can always send me a PM :p.

i got the package today, and they gave me the ER-6i instead!!!

they are supposed to be not as acurate, because they are supposed be heavier on the bass, but overall they seem to have better reviews, and less people saying they fit bad.

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=0020100007

im more than happy, $150 headphones for $50 shipped. :drool:

also, true story:
i went to the computer plugged them in and stuck them in my ears. i asked my brother if he turned the tv off. he didnt answer so i asked again. then he walked over and told me no he hadn't turned it off and he asked why i was yelling. :p

er6i-ra.gif

so should i think about asking for the ER-6s? i dont know if i will be able to tell the difference, but knowing that the ER-6s are more accurate, i kinda feel let down. does the fact that the ER-6is are more efficient matter more than the accuracy?

edit:
alright after reading some reviews, im back to being thrilled i got the 6i instead. most think the 6i are definately an improvement on the 6s.

Out of the two (ER-6 and ER-6i), we believe to have found a new winner. The ER-6i seems to be more of a better choice as it offers a slightly better bass than its predecessor.
http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=673&Itemid=0&limit=1&limitstart=10

Last edited:
You got a great deal, to bad you didn't use one of the coupon codes to get 20% off, but you got the ER-6i for $50, that is amazing. The ER-6 really needs an amp to drive, but the 6i doesn't and are some amazing canal phones. I just got my E2c's, but if you want to trade, PM me :bday:

maybe the fact that i forgot to use the coupon code put me on the stores nice list. i thought it was 10% though. i havent read that whole thread

There is also a 20% off, I saw it at headfi, but I did not order because I had just ordered the E2c. :bang head :mad:

Back