• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New card arrived underclocked ><

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slychilde

I recieved my Leadtek 6600GT from Newegg last Wednesday. It works fine, but it came underclocked at 500/900, instead of 500/1000. I used coolbits to put it back to 'normal' and it works fine and what-not. I haven't tried overclocking it, yet - nor do I know if I will...makes me wonder.

Has anyone else had this problem? I also thought I'd give a heads-up to anyone looking at purchasing this card.

You get AGP i assume

The AGP version differs from the PCI Express board in several respects. First, where the 500 MHz chip speed of the AGP model is identical, its 128 bit DDR3 memory operates 100 MHz slower (900 instead of 1000 MHz DDR).

AFAIK that's the default clock on the agp version.

hey mr.guvernment that is not entirely true because he did say it was a leadtek which does not mean anything by that name but..... the speeds can vary between different manufacturers. just because nvidia says the agp version 6600GT is at 900mhz that doesn't mean the company that made it set it to that. I know that I got a BFG Geforce FX 5900XT OC and although it comes higher than normal the specs said one thing but when i looked at what it really was i was luck enough to get one that was actually about 10mhz higher on the core clock speed as well as memory.

NV's spec is 500/900 for the agp with quite a few manuf's running 500/1000. It should run fine at those speeds although that bridge chip is supposed to get toasty.

CQCSGordon said:
hey mr.guvernment that is not entirely true because he did say it was a leadtek which does not mean anything by that name but..... the speeds can vary between different manufacturers. just because nvidia says the agp version 6600GT is at 900mhz that doesn't mean the company that made it set it to that. I know that I got a BFG Geforce FX 5900XT OC and although it comes higher than normal the specs said one thing but when i looked at what it really was i was luck enough to get one that was actually about 10mhz higher on the core clock speed as well as memory.

that is very true, some makers do run them higher :D, ishould have checked on the leadtek web site.

Back