• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP "L" Shape Adapter - explained

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Is there such thing as in adapter that can make a agp card go horizontal instead of vertical? Id imagine there would be such thing that exists...wouldnt be to hard to manufacter one.

I'm accually trying to minimize height here. I need it to be parallel to the motherboard and as close as possible to the board also. High seems to be my limitation on a project im thinking up. That little adapater that you displayed second - that could work but is it on sale? Or someones very tedioius hard work...so many sauder points...wow

http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/AGP-PRO101.htm - sold out but would that work in an 8xagp slot?

I'm pretty sure it would work, just make sure you have enough clearance for the cooling devices...that's the only thing I'd need you to think about.

Yamiyanazz said:
I'm pretty sure it would work, just make sure you have enough clearance for the cooling devices...that's the only thing I'd need you to think about.

Cooling, yes definitly. The whole idea for the agp riser here is to make the smallest computer possible. I know it wont have the best cooling but its starting out as an idea. Just collecting ideas... :p

Will that eBay one work with AGP 8x? It says it does...then i see AGP 16x...I've never heard of AGP 16x...unless its talking about PCI-E - although i've also never seen a PCI-E slot like that

Back