• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 2.4 800 fsb - nub askin questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jintoxicated

Registered
im getting a shark case from thermaltake. i got a p4 2.4ghz processor that came with my emachine. what i wanna do is get a new mobo that can oc this p4 2.4. whats the best mobo to get? ive been told abit ai7. and how much cooling would i have to put in it? i want to overclock this to the max with stability. ive been told 3ghz would be easy.. so i was wondering what the max with about $100 worth of cooling? i dunno im nub lol. I got a geforce 4 mx440, it gets 100 fps in counter-strike so i don't mind it.. but id like to oc it as much as i can.. can anyone tell me what i can do?

The 2.4 is a nw core rite? If you plan to oc you'll still need decent cooling 100 isnt neceessary unless you wanna start saving for water or phase I would recommend thermalright or zalman HS both quiet and good air cooling solutions. The ai7 is a decent board not the top abit socket 478 board, if your on a tight budged go ahead with the ai7 but if you can spend the extra 30-60 depending on where you purchase it at, try the ic7 series ic7-g you can find almost anywhere I believe the max III isnt in production any more, and you mite want to also invest in some good fans get a nice air flow going through your case.

I would think that a Abit IC7-G would be a good board. I had a p4 2.4b in my old ASUS P4C800E-deluxe that would hit 3.1 pretty easy on air. I used a thermalright slk-900 HS with a 90mm fan.

Either the Abit AI7 or IC7-G will be fine for the 2.4C (I have both). The Zalman 7000 series cooler is good or better yet maybe the Thermalright XP-90. I would think 3.2 to 3.3 gig is possible if you have a good CPU.

Back