• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To all with Neo2 Platinum who want high Vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I go above 5% over VID 1.500 1.525 and 1.550 all give the same voltage.

I found MSI's utilities to be dangerous. I opened it up, clicked the auto button, and it show the Vcore up to 1.7 and the FSB to 236. :eek:

Link to Bios version 1.36b? I am using 1.4 and the voltages are all over the place-and I can't get above 240 before it won't post. At 240, booting into windows becomes intemitent. At 235, the system seems slower than when at stock speeds. 2800+ w/ better than stock hsf (no name, but it is an upgrade over the stock). Read 37C @ 235x9.

Don't blame the bios if your voltages are bouncing all over the place. Most of the time that is the result of relying upon the voltage monitoring circuitry on the motherboard and some program to monitor them or else your PSU simply is not up for the challenge, regardless of its make and claimed power capacity.

In the first case, verify your voltages are all over the place with an instrument intended for accurately measuring voltage. IE a Digital MultiMeter. Built-in voltage monitoring circuity is mainly intended to serve as a relative indicator, certainly not a precise troubleshooting aid. Kind of like a sun dial compared to a watch.

In the case of a power supply working at its upper limits, you have to find your wallet and get one that can handle your needs. You can skimp on case fans, skimp on self-indulgent lights, bells and whistles, skimp on a lot of things, but never skimp on the power supply. It's the heart of your PC.

Does the 1.36 bios allow you to save your Vdimm settings above 2.70? I'm using the official 1.40 and it will not save them. Vcore is just fine since I'm running a 1.4V CPU and 1.55 is more than adequate to stabilize it at higher OCs.

Hoot

Vcore on Neo2 Only works up to 1.475v.

Above this Vcore setting it does nothing above 1.475v

So what u have to do is set at 1.475.. nothing higher will do anything.. then u use the % over setting to get higher.

custom.. u sound like you need a better psu, what are u using? Get at least a Fortron 350 or so..Or go higher and get 530.. after that it starts getting double to triple the cost of the 530.

Neo2 bioses... http://www.lejabeach.com/MSIK8N/k8nneo2.html

Hoot.. yes 136b saves 2.85 for me.. but so did 141 bios when i tried it.
With 2.85 on that BH-5 and a little more Vcore.. i think you will see a good bit more oc.. But really you should get booster or do 3.3 vio to ddr mod(very easy) :bday:

Back