• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia or ATI Announcement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeke009

Isn't there a big announcement coming soon from Nvidia or ATI? I thought there was something on the 17th. I can not remember with all the goings on this week.

ATI announced an All-In-Wonder 8500 today with IEEE1394 on the video card. That's kind of cool...They also announced a Mobile Radeon 7500 Chipset for Laptops. I guess that explains why less than a handful of OEM's are using the GeForce2Go chipset. Two I think, Dell and Toshiba. The OEM's must of known what ATI was cooking up. The OEM laptop market has always been very loyal to ATI...

Yes it has, I see allot of laptops come through our area at work. I have to admit, the ATI works and looks damn good on the laptop. The one I do not like is S3 graphic chips. We have a number of older IBM's still and they have one of a few different S3 chips. Drivers are sometimes tough to come by or you need to try 3 different versions, just gets tedious at times. Quality is ok on these.

For some reason I thought that Nvidia was going to make an announcement. Like the GeForce3 Ultra and MX. I think I am still going to buy the GeForce3, the board I am looking at keeps dropping in price and has gotten great reviews from users.

Now, how long to wait while that price is dropping?! ;)
Also, when is the new Raedon to be released?

Back