• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing Bfg 6800gt Gpu Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtracc20

anyone remove this heatsink and two fans yet? i would like to put some artic silver on there. is there a thermal pad or just thermal paste. there is screws in the back i do know that. so is there a pad holding anything on, or just thermal goop and the screws are holding the heatsink in place?

thanks.

yes I have

yep Ive taken it off. pretty simple 4? spring loaded screws on it and the power plug thats it. what I want is a after market cooler that cooler is a POS the fans totally suck on it. loud and very horrible cfm on them. I dont want a water cooler either. what I would love is one of them 7900 series coolers with the exaust going out the card slot next to the card.

removing the stock gt cooler isnt as easy as it seems well for me. but i couldnt get the cooler off at all in the beginning and it was driving me insane... after taking the bottom screw things off, just keep pulling the top off untill it slowly nudges off... it will seem like its stuck/glued on but its really not

after i removed my screws i had a hardtime to take off the heatsink and it felt like it was glued on.... i let it run on 3d mark for about 10 minutes and then quickly tried to take it off and eventually came out

Back