• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Warranty ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bchur83

I have a question about the ATI warranty. If I were to flash my X800PRO VIVO to an XT PE and the flash went ok. Then a few months down the road, the card mysteriously dies, will ATI fix it? For a fee? I thought I heard something before about like a $25 charge, and they would fix your card if you physically damaged it, or anything that isnt covered under warranty? Is this correct, or was I just seeing things? I havent modded that card yet, but I thought I may give it a try sometime down the road.

im not sure, afaik youd certainly be liable for a service charge, but im not sure if theyl take it in for repair if youve modified it...they certainly wouldnt be legally obliged too.....

Well you are voiding your warrenty by flashing the bios on the card... so Ati will probly take it back since it ia no hassel warrenty but morally it would be wrong :mad:

I know that lying about modding the card would be wrong, but if I were to tell them the truth, and I would be willing to pay to fix it, I see nothing wrong with that. I just remember hearing something about a service charge of like $25, and they would fix it even if it were modified.

I have heard of people RMAing there cards after a bad flash and no charge I think as long as it is under warrenty ATi will fix it no matter what even tho they are not obuclated to do so it might be from a PR perspective that they do that but again it is wrong to RMA soemthing that is broken but as fasr as I know ATi will fix it at no charge as long as it is under warrenty that is what I hear anyways

Back