• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Results of my 90nm 939 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LBJGH

On stock cooling too. :clap:

50.jpg

2700cpu.jpg

Epox 9NDA3+
Corsair Twinx 4000pro at 100mhz i.e. 150mhz at 300HTT (crap memory... if I set to 133mhz the system caps at about 280HTT)
1.55v Vcore (1.63 with Epox USDM), stock HSF
Stability OK for SiSoft but craps with Prime95
Below is a picture of the chip.

hitechjb1 said:
Congrats.

As usual, what week and 5-letter code of the processor are?

What memory and motherboard?

What voltage and stability?

Please enter your result in
939 Winchester, NewCastle

Attachments

• a64_3000+.jpg
    a64_3000+.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 475
Hoot said:
So, at what speed does it pass Prime95 Torture? AKA: At what speed is it stable?

Hoot
:D you must be looking to replace your ****ty 3200+ (early batch) like I am with mine :(. Sure would be nice to get over 2.5 stable, but alas the curse of the SMPW continues....

Thats owesome!!!, I am guessing, with high end water you could be cruising around 2800mhz :drool: , now where did you get that bad boy... :drool:

Purchased North of Toronto... Canada Computers

I'm using a Vcore of 1.55v with the stock cooler.

One thing that is interesting is that I have to run the memory at 100/200mhz so the above result was with the HTT at 300mhz and the memory at 150mhz. I have Corsair twinx PC4000pro rated at 250mhz CAS3, 3,8,3. If I run the memory at 133/200 (effectively 200mhz) the system locks immediately even though it is well below the rated speed of the memory.

I guess the integrated memory controller is working hard at 300HTT.

That is a very interesting observation. Why should it lock up when the memory is underclocked? I somehow think this (the lockup) is also related to your choice of LTD.
Try lowering the LTD, when you are OC'd and mem is in sync with the HTT. Do you lock up?

I'm running 3x LDT when the system locks with the memory set at 133/200... hmm I'll try 2x LDT with 133/200 memory settings and post back. :cool:

Super Nade said:
That is a very interesting observation. Why should it lock up when the memory is underclocked? I somehow think this (the lockup) is also related to your choice of LTD.
Try lowering the LTD, when you are OC'd and mem is in sync with the HTT. Do you lock up?

Sentential said:
:D you must be looking to replace your ****ty 3200+ (early batch) like I am with mine :(. Sure would be nice to get over 2.5 stable, but alas the curse of the SMPW continues....

Having the early batch sucks ***. Got mine the first day they were out on newegg and it is a dog. :cry:

I got mine in early December from Monarch. I didn't realize that made it a crappy choice. I guess a Week 41 of 2004 constitutes an early version of the Winchester. Oh well, it sure runs nice at the speed I get from it. Just benched 3D Mark 2001se at 23,658 and SuperPI 1M at 36s. Good enough for my needs, but I'll keep playing with the top-end.

Hoot

mines a week 41 and its prime stable at 2.68ghz for about 5hours, 2.66ghz stable all day, i think its just luck

Just for you guys complaining about the CPU's....

Based on my initial testing I've found the memory fails long before the CPU finishes overclocking. I guess the failures could be related as the memory controller is integrated into the CPU.

I have PC4000 that has to be run at less than 200mhz while o/c'n the cpu... I may sell my Twinx Corsair for some PQI sticks... I'll probably have to settle with 512mb as opposed to my current 1gb because of money but the crappy corsair is ticking me off.

Why not get some Kingston value ram and run it on a divider? That way you can keep the 1GB. That is, if you are into gaming...

I'd like to keep 1gb of ram but if I sell my current stuff I won't be able to afford a 1gb of kingston or ocz or PQI as selling stuff used usually nets about 1/2 it's current worth. :cry:

I'm hoping to sell my 1gb twinx and get 512mb of decent TCCD I'd be able to run tight timings with the divider and a Thermalright XP120 or Zalman cu7000.

pelikan said:
Why not get some Kingston value ram and run it on a divider? That way you can keep the 1GB. That is, if you are into gaming...

Sentential said:
:D ... the curse of the SMPW continues....

You got me there. My processor is a UPBW.

Here's the complete code: CBBFD 0441UPBW

Right now it's solid with any benchmark at 9.5x250 or 10x240, HT4 and the memory running at 208Mhz 2-2-2-7 1T at 2.7Vdimm. It appears I missed out with the luck of the draw in getting a chip that'll go much higher than 2.4Ghz. The good news is that the system as a whole is solid and reliable at the best settings I can achieve For Now. I just got my Antec P-160 case ($67 after taxes and rebate) and am eyeing the major task of migrating my WC setup over to it, so I may shelve any more OC experiments until I get that behind me. I'm also considering removing the NB water cooling part of my loop as I have not seen any benefit from that over the stock air cooling that came with this board. That might get my CPU temp down an additional degree or two.

Hoot

alas my week32 3200+ refuses to do more than 2.5ghz for love nor money - it just cant do it.... but it will prime for 48hours stable at 2.5 tho, so its not all bad i guess......

Sentential said:

I always wait out the early batches of a die-shrink as in the past, almost every early batch of the new design does not overclock better than the old one. Prescott at first did not do as well, now people are hitting close to 4GHz or better on pretty low voltage and air cooling. The first 2200+ Thoroughbred cores did not overclock much better (if not, maybe even worse) than the Palomino's. Now look at it, my week 0310 Thoroughbred is running at approximatly 180%. And now, 90nm, has proved my theory once again.

Sorry to hear you got one that isn't doing so well. I usually don't beleive in these types of things, but whenever I get a CPU that does not overclock well, usually luck strikes the next time and I get a really good one. Hopefully the same might play out for you. :) Good Luck.

lbjgh1 said:
Epox 9NDA3+
Corsair Twinx 4000pro at 100mhz i.e. 150mhz at 300HTT (crap memory... if I set to 133mhz the system caps at about 280HTT)
1.55v Vcore (1.63 with Epox USDM), stock HSF
Stability OK for SiSoft but craps with Prime95
Below is a picture of the chip.

Your Corsair PC4000 is only doing 150Mhz when my 9.99 at Comp USA PC-2100 is doing 201MHz, there is something wrong. I am currently researching your ram and hopefully we can find out a way to get it running faster. Reviews show it running at 550MHz DDR with no problems.

If you could post your timings and Vdimm, that would be a big help.

Back