• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need big help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok i have a big prob with overclocking. I'm running my Celeron 800MHz at 1.90 volts and can only hit 936MHz. My temps are 18C on my CPU and 4C for the case temps. I'm running a cheap PC133 512 m.b. ram at 117 F.B.S. What can be causing me not to be able to hit any higher than that.

Right now I'm using an AOpen AX34 II cause I today I broke my AOpen AX34 PRO II tring to put on my watercooling. and no I haven't tried 133.

you should be able to hit 133 fsb give it a try. is that a via chipset on the motherboard? heck with the water cooling and peltier you should hit 1200MHz

My FBS right now is 117. My chipset is the VIA Apollo PRO-133A. As far as I know every chip is running nice and cool. My PCI sets themselves according to what FBS I'm running at. I think I might take the Northbrigde cooling chip off my broke board and stick in on my Southbrigde. Right now I'm stumped.

It`s a cCo stepping. On another note I was thinking bout getting a MoBo that can handle DDR but how do you know wether to use PC2400 or PC1600. On the board that I broke ( darn waterblock) I was able to run at 133 for bout a min. The diff between the two the broke one had a special military grade black pcb and I was able to increase the voltage in the bios and on the one I'm running now I can't. I was thinking bout getting the Aopen AX37 Plus do you know anything bout it wether it`s a good board or not.

ok I just found out my ram is running at 117. It can run CL3 upto 133 and CL2 upto 100. I assume thats not good. Also my AGP is running at 78 MHz but I have nothing on the AGP and my PCI is running at 39 MHZ.

Looks like you can't bump your FSB anymoer unless you go to 133mhz FSB it would seem that with the speeds you running now if you notched the BUS up any more on the 100mhz then it would run things pit of spec so then you need to up it to 133mhz and try to cool it better. Also you might need to run the Vcore higher to run stable at 133 which I think you said you can't do on that board. So looks like your stuck at that speed. I have an Iwill board that has been used once. 166mhz FSB 168 pin Dimm on board Raid and it is no longer made I had to hunt this board down it would be great for water cooling as long as your water block isn't 60mm across. Pm me and we'll talk prices that is if you want it.

I just tried 133 and nothing it POSTed but then froze. My Vcore is 1.90 right now I did the pin wrap trick. I think I just got a crappy board. What bout the Aopen Ax37 Plus it`s a DDr board the a Military black grade PCB and I can increase the voltage from 1.3 to 3.5. But the prob I have is I don't know what speed DDr to get do I get the PC2400 or the PC1600.

Back