Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Forum Jump

is my power supply at risk?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 07:11 AM Thread Starter   #1
RAMMAN

is my power supply at risk?

my 400w psu came with my silver Xblade case that i purchased on ebay.i noticed in the bios that the ddr voltage fluctuates between 2.62v and 2.64v.is that normal?the air coming from my psu is quite warm but smells okay.is my psu hindering my gfx card ocing attempts?and is there any risk of my psu going up in smoke,taking out all my expensive components?and would you recommend the ocz 600w powerstream psu?need advice from a number of people who knows what their talking about.check my signature for information on my system specs.

Old 01-05-05, 07:21 AM   #2
Tebore

10 Year Badge

I would hardly call that a fluctuation. Your system seems mighty power hungry. The OCZ series of power supplies seem quite good.

Lenovo T60p
Servers:
IBM XServ
Heatware
Tebore is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-05-05, 07:26 AM Thread Starter   #3
RAMMAN

sounds good to me.do you think a ocz 600w powerstream psu will help overclocking my gfx card?

Old 01-05-05, 02:55 PM   #4
Tebore

10 Year Badge

Well that also depends on temps, I'm not too familar with how high the new cards go. But if the temps are nice and low I figure it should help a bit. When I went from a Antec SL350 to TrueControl 550 it helpped my 9800Pro and CPU, but not too drastic, a 10-20mhz here and there.

Lenovo T60p
Servers:
IBM XServ
Heatware
Tebore is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-06-05, 12:41 AM   #5
larrymoencurly

10 Year Badge

I found that mobos can't be trusted or even for reporting fluctuations correctly, and in one case the mobo said that the +12V varied by a few tenths of a volt while my meter showed zilch variation. I'm sure it wasn't just a matter of the meter averaging out the readings because it can record high and low readings and even they hardly varied.
larrymoencurly is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Power Supplies and Electronic Devices
Power Supplies and Electronic Devices