• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good deal or cheap lemon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Khyros

Ive recently been looking at the eVGA 6800GT, and found it for sale for $380. That seems like -alot- for a videocard but its about $120 cheaper than the same card made by a diffrent manufacturer, especially considering alot of people talk about the ease of which a GT can become equivalent to a 6800Ultra. So I was wondering, is there something wrong with it(it seems to have great reviews) or is it just a good deal?

I agree, $400 is about the average price of 6800GTs if you look around. Some brick & mortar stores have them higher but I wouldn't say $500 is the norm.

Ah, I checked around and it must have just been odd vendors. Ive seen this asked alot but Ive never really seen a definitive answer, which are the best 6800GTs to go with? Ill probally go with the eVGA(if I decide to go with a 6800gt) just because it seems moderately cheaper($30-40 now that I look more closely). Anyhow thanks for taking your time to answer my question.

The 6800GTs are all pretty equal from what I've read. If I were buying one it would come down to price and bundled software. Maybe I'd lean toward a BFG 6800GT OC because I think they are supposed to have an awesome warranty, but performance wise I don't think there will be much variation brand-to-brand.

Back