• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blah @ frozencpu.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Piazza0028

I need some opinions:
frozencpu had a free sleeving promotion until January 3rd on all powersupplies. I wanted to order a powerstream 520w from them during this promotion. Like many other vendors, it was out of stock. So I called frozencpu.com and asked when it would be in stock and was told that they weren't sure, and that it would be in stock when OCZ mailed them more. Of course the promotion expired a few days ago, and it's still not in stock, but they said it would be in stock soon. Then I asked if they would honor the promotion on the out of stock PSU's b/c I wanted to order it awhile ago, and had my name on the list that notify's you when they become available. The rep told me that wasn't possible. Since there was no way to pre-order them, and the only thing that you could do was have them notify you when it's in stock, shouldn't they honor the promotion?

that was my point, but after the email I just received there is no way in hell I will ever order from them again. I sent the manager a very nice, well written letter, explaining the situation and asking if it were possible. I received a letter back from them a few minutes ago:

I tbought you were "taking your business elswhere,"

The answer is no Zach-

Also, I copied and pasted that from the actual email, the retard didn't even take the time to correct his spelling mistakes. Not to mention, a simple, "I'm sorry but this isn't possible would've been more than sufficient."
Down with frozencpu and their overpriced garbage!
That sarcastic response was clearly uncalled for, I guess he was also the rep I spoke to on the phone.
Rude/obnoxious/illiterate customer service = not buying from them again

Last edited:
Piazza0028 said:
that was my point, but after the email I just received there is no way in hell I will ever order from them again. I sent the manager a very nice, well written letter, explaining the situation and asking if it were possible. I received a letter back from them a few minutes ago:

I tbought you were "taking your business elswhere,"

The answer is no Zach- I don't care if you buy it elsewhere

Also, I copied and pasted that from the actual email, the retard didn't even take the time to correct his spelling mistakes. Not to mention, a simple, "I'm sorry but this isn't possible would've been more than sufficient."
Down with frozencpu and their overpriced garbage!

Rude/obnoxious/illiterate customer service = me no longer a customer

How about posting the e-mail you sent to Mark that precipitated his reply :rolleyes:

NiTrO bOiE said:
Sorry to say, but I wouldn't. I would say "promotion valid while supplies last".

I agree, maybe it did?

Here you are SSS

Mark,
I've been a customer of frozencpu for a few months now and have never had any problems. I've recommended you guys to many of my friends but I'm a little disappointed now. I was really excited to hear about your free sleeving promotion on PSU's. I was in the market for a new one and although your prices are a little higher than say newegg.com, I wanted to take advantage of the offer and support you guys. Anyways, I was looking to purchase the OCZ Powerstream 520w PSU which was out of stock, so I added my name to the list that notify's you when it's back in stock and waited. Unfortunately, the promotion has ended and my Powerstream is still not in stock. If I could've pre-ordered I would have, but when I called sales department, they said it wasn't possible to pre-order items and that the best I could do was put my name on the list to be notified, then order it when it came. I was wondering if there was any way you could honor the promotion on the 520w PSU which hasn't been in stock for awhile. I really like frozencpu and haven't had any problems, so I don't want to buy it from another company, but if you won't honor the promotion, then I guess I will. Anyways, please consider it, and I hope we can do business in the future. Get back to me when you get a chance, thanks.

was that so bad?

also, when I spoke to the rep on the phone, he said "I could ask the Owner and see if he would, but I can tell you that he won't" to which I replied "well could you at least ask for me, I'd really appreciate it" his answer "no, I can assure you that he won't."

unless he was the owner shouldn't he have asked, I mean, it couldn't have taken him more than like 10 seconds and I wouldn't have cared to wait a few minutes or even leave an email or phone number, but he refused.

moreover, it may have said "offer while supplies last" I really have no idea as it's gone now. My point was that it couldn't hurt to call/email and find out whether they would, and I felt I was very polite. The rudeness and sarcasm I encountered was uncalled for IMO.

Last edited:
Yup, you were polite for sure.

I still think their a decent vendor, but if it were me I would have given you the promo special since your a repeat customer, but it's his decision what to do. I can't say he is wrong, I can only say it would have been nice if he had. :)

yeah that's what I figured, I mean, the PSU is like $30 more than anywhere else, they mark up so much more than other websites, but with the sleeving I figured it'd be worth it. I agree it's his discretion, but again, I'm just ticked of the responses I got on the phone and via email. As I said before, a simple "I'm sorry sir, but we won't be able to do that" would've sufficed. I also don't appreciate him abbreviating my name in his email when in my original it was signed -Zachary.

haha now I'm just looking for every little thing to criticize. Well, anyways, I learned my lesson, I won't be buying from frozencpu as they are not only loyal, but obnoxious.

Man i was gonna order some stuff from them.From what i am hearing ill not be buying from them anytime soon

I have dealt with frozen quite a bit over the last 6 mo and have had mixed feelings.

Prices were average but the shipping was always first rate and quick. My impression of mark though is not so good. I have talked to him 3 times over the phone and he always seems to be in another dimension or just doesnt care.
Buckey always seems to care about the customer and has always been friendly and helpful.

Until recently i never had a problem with them but when i placed an order last week for some things and got the box in the mail there was somthing missing. Called the next day and they said that item had to be dropped shipped from the company and would be there in 3 days. it's now been over a week and it still wont be here till next week. Paid for 3 day shipping and got 10 day shipping instead.

obiwan said:
My impression of mark though is not so good. I have talked to him 3 times over the phone and he always seems to be in another dimension or just doesnt care.

wow I couldn't have said that better myself, when I was speaking with him he sounded so blase and was just hurrying me off the phone.

i did some graphics work for mark two summers ago for the site, and he tried to say i hacked his site blah blah blah, hes a real finger pointer too.

Piazza0028 said:
wow I couldn't have said that better myself, when I was speaking with him he sounded so blase and was just hurrying me off the phone.

Thats exactly right!!! I dont like to talk about anyone like that but I was completely new to watercooling and was asking him for advise on what to buy for a setup. I said put together a system for me and make it the best of everything you sell then send me an email with the list and i'll buy it from you guys! I waited for a week and never got anything so when i called each time after that they guys said he was busy so i went with somone else.

Back