• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800E DLX Ram timings auto update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattyhayden

Registered
Cleared my cmos last night and thought I would try The automatic OC feature on the board +5 / +10, all worked fine...
Rebooted and set the auto OC back to standard.....
I then Ran CPUZ and found my ram timings had tightened up,
the new default is 2.5 / 3 / 3 / 6
I am suprised that the default did not go back to 3 / 4 / 4 / 8
Does any one know why this happened...
PAT still enabled.

not sure why but when i overclocked my board, say i set my ram timings at 2/3/3/7 manualy from the default 2.5/3/3/8
then put it back to standard it would still stay at the timings i put in until i changed it back.

does that make sence? lol

Matty, I was having the exact same problem as you. I later found out with the help of the tech guys at Corsair and OCZ that some of the performance setting in bios will override whatever you set your ram timing to. I have it fixed on my machine, but I do not remember the setting to play with. When I get home (about 6PM central), I can check my bios settings and let you know what I have them set to. It is basically a combo of turbo mode setting and performance mode setting; you can play with those till the override problem is gone.

- J

tried clearing the cmos and I have updated the bios..
Still detects the faster timmings by default,
Will have to set them manually

Back