• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uhhh.....WHAT?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Will_

ok...until a few minutes ago i had never really bothered to convert my fahrenheit temps measured off my mobo (and i stress MOBO....not a doc or other GOOD temp gauge)

anyway...i was always thinking to myself...hey...this thing usually doesn't crash unless i go over 150F, right?...then today when i was bored i actually converted that to celcius...uh oh :p

that comes to around 65C....hmm...interesting huh?....and people are always bitching about 45....heh....although the crash zone really doesn't start until around 70....LOLOL

anyway....this is obviously wrong....but i just want to know...is the gauge on the mobo CONSTANT?

i don't really care if it lies to me as long as it lies in the same fashion each time so i don't end up frying an overworked chip

(btw...i am ordering a dig doc 5 once i get my paycheck at the end of the month.....but who can wait?!?!?!)

definitely too warm...try either a different hsf or AS2

or just take the side off ur case and put a small fan beside it...works for me :)

This will not instantly frie your chip or so, but those temps will significantly shorten then life span of your CPU.

What HS are u using? are u sure it is installed the right way, is the bottom of the Hs nicely flat and smooth?
Do u use some thermal paste, if yes is it applied in a very thin layer?
Just some things to consider

I would do all of the above and maybe lower your vcore some.
I would underclock a bit, untill you get your temps right!!!

definately too hot. as snookhook said, try to underclock the CPU and try to do your OC through your FSB. remember, your clock multiplier merely means that your cpu is working "X" times faster then your FSB. so if you have a 10x120 fsb (for example), then your cpu is working 10 times faster then your bus. 10x120 = 1200 = CPU speed of 1.2 Ghz. your cpu is always going to work harder and faster then your bus, but your FSB can take some of that slack off your CPU so you can get lower temps and not work it so hard. maybe try 9.5x126 - 9x133 - 8.5x141 or even 8x150 (you'll be doing darn good if you can do either one of those last two). OC'ing the bus gives you better system performance anyhow and takes some of that pressure off your CPU.

something else you might try... read this link here. he was having similar temp problems until he changed his registry at which point the temps plummeted through the floor. this might be something else to try...

check it
http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34178&pagenumber=1

good luck and keep us posted

RSB

Last edited:
Back