• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It wont turn on!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBistodeau

Ok, i just finished building my first computer and i started it up and all the fans started running and everything was fine. Then i stopped it and plugged in the monitor and the system comes on but the monitor wont turn on or anything. The light wont even come on. I have a viewsonic 19" plz help!!! I have a 6800 GT. Then i tried a different monitor and i plugged it all in and i turned it on, it stayed on for 2 seconds and shut down and wouldnt turn on after that. If I took out the cord for the monitor, it would boot up again. HELP!!!

Do you have the the power hookup plugged into the video card out of the power supply? The 6800 GT needs extra power from the power supply and if it is not hooked up the card simply wont power up.

Check and double check EVERY cable....re seat the GFX card...because its ur first time booting Im assuming that refresh rates and resolution dont exceed the specs of ur monitor.

Back