• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone come across a wireless problem like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

getflaky

Currently using linksys wireless G broadband Router with speed boosterWRT54GS and its pci adapter counterpart WMP54GS on a windows xp professional system. Didn't see anything like this on the forums so i'm going to post itI followed through the lamens setup, then went through the actual guide, still produced similar effects. The problem occurs after I install the driver; I am able to connect flawlessly when i install the driver (or reinstall it) however after i restart the computer, i am unable to connect. On the linksys software it recognizes the network but it is unable to detect the addess point among other things, like it says i'm in Ad-Hoc mode after i configured it to be infrastructure Mode.
So in the end, i am only able to connect to the internet after a clean driver install. Anyone have any suggestions?

are you using the Linksys software to manage the wireless connection or Windows XP.. also is the connection encrypted ?

There is a issue with XP wireless which requires patching. I obviously do not know if you have this patch but you can read about it at
Neowin or at Microsoft Knowledge Base

Back