• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50C load with Thermaltake Venus 12 @ full

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkknight187

now i know you guys arent the best advocates of thermaltake but i ended up with one anyways, anyways smartguardian that came with my mobo is reading out near 50c temps at full load (i know my AS5 hasnt set in yet) but i am beginning to wonder if i mucked up my AS5 application or if Smart Guardian is reading out incorrectly as my 1.8 Willametta that i am on right now when it hits around 50c (read by speedfan) it's quite hot to the touch, but this isnt so for the thermaltake.

Thanks for your assistance

What were your temps before you applied the AS5, for the most part AS5 should show pretty decent results with the initial application. The temps should "somewhat improve" as it sets in. It takes the thinnist layer in order to be effective, in other words you dont want to see any squeezing out of the ends of the die. Since your temps are as high as they are, it wouldnt hurt to reapply and see if your results get any better. Try using mbm5 and see what the temps read with that. Also how much are you oc'd if in fact you are overclocked. Didnt notice anything in the sig.

well i was in the process of testing out 225*10 @ stock vcore, but it's still running at about the same temp readings as i was getting on my stock cooler @ 200*10 and about comparable to the temps my volcano was giving when i had it down to 200*10, i'm thinking my as5 application must've been a bit poor (it was my first go at mounting a HS w/o a thermal pad)

and sadly my 225*10 errored out of prime in an hour and a half.... but that would be a different post in a different part of the forum.

Back