• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its always something

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mxthunder

I got a new case today, and swapped out all my stuff. The new case had front audio ports, so I decided to try and hook them up. I did so according to the mobo book, and now only the left channel works. I unhooked everything and put the two jumpers back on, and still only left. Speaker connections all seem to be good. Did I trash my mobo by either hooking something up wrong or accidentally scraping it on something during installation? Everything else works as normal.

Try re-loading audio drivers, make sure there are no IRQ conflicts detected in Device Manager, make sure nVidia audio control panel is configured properly - re-check that jumpers are in proper position, make sure that the right speaker even works, make sure that whatever audio component you're using is set as the preferred device in Windows Control Panel & Use Only Preferred Device box is checked depending on which OS you use.

Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have tried all that, and nothing worked. Im really pissed . I knew I would mess something up in the process of changing the stuff out. I ended up going out and buying a Creative labs 5.1 surround sound sound card. :mad:

I hear ya!

You're actually better off with an audio card anyway

As other than Soundstorm not many onboard audio solutions are of very high quality & all of them rob CPU cycles to make them run which will effect your performance in games & programs.

I run the Creative 5.1 in one of my rigs - its a good little card

The sound is great, I get an occasional short crackle once in a while in BF1942 but other than that its running strong 2 1/2 years now.

Regards, Balrog

Back