• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yoper Install Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudpark41

[Solved]Yoper Install Problem

SOLVED!

I have tried to install Yoper twice now on my computer. I am trying to install it to a standard IDE hard drive and every time I try it never works. I follow all the steps, It tells me my "Yoperating" System is done installing and that I should reboot and it will work, and everytime I try to reboot I get the Error "PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

Can someone help please?

Last edited:
The bootloader is on hda and the BIOS is set to boot from the HDD-0 First. I really have no clue why this is happening.

Sounds like the bootloader is not getting installed to the MBR. This is easy to correct if you have a linux live CD. You may in fact be able to chroot to the installed Yoper system by booting the yoper CD but not running the installer. Instead try the command

mkdir /mnt/hda1
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
chroot /mnt/hda1 /bin/bash

Now you're using the installed files and you can edit them. Which bootloader did you use? Lilo or Grub? To reinstall lilo-

/sbin/lilo -v

Not sure about grub... think its just-

grub

if yoper's CD doesn't have these type of tools available when booting from it, you could use something like Knoppix.

I was not able to do that in Knoppix, as U could not find the hard drive (rather the Shell could not) and the Yoper setup disk would not allow it either. Any of suggestions as to how this could be fixed?

mudpark41 said:
I was not able to do that in Knoppix, as U could not find the hard drive (rather the Shell could not) and the Yoper setup disk would not allow it either. Any of suggestions as to how this could be fixed?

Knoppix, sudo passwd on older vserions, set the passwd and then su. On newer versions, just su

than you can mount hdds/partions

To install grub the command it as follows

grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/hdX (replace X with partion where /boot resides)

Hmm....

How many HDD's? Any that are SATA like in your sig? How did you partition the IDE drive? Did you choose lilo or grub in the yoper installer?

I'll try to help sort it out, but I need some details.

I am not running the RAID right now because Linux on RAID is a pain to install. It is a Standard IDE hard drive with 2 ext3 partitions and 1 linux-swap partition. I have tried both Lilo and Grub and both have not worked. Also I have had this same problem in multiple systems with 2 different Yoper CDs.

I had this problem. All I did was reformat the drive and move it to a different IDE channel; now it works fine for some reason.

I think the problem was that my CD-ROM was primary and the drive was secondary, so I switched them and Yoper seemed to like that.

Zero, my CD-Rom is the Primary and the Drive is secondary on my IDE chain. Mabye that is the problem. I will switch it over soon.

EDIT: This did fix the problem. Thanks Zero.

Last edited:
Back