• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a decet wireless transfer rate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spion

i've been moving quite a few big files lately and was wondering if this was a decent transfer rate. if not i would like to know some tweaks i could do to get a better speed.
thx
transferrate.JPG

That's a great transfer rate...125Mbps translates to 15.625MBps(15,625KBps). b=bits, B=Bytes. There are 8 bits in 1 Byte, so 125Mb/8 = 15.625MB.

i thinks thats the overhead and whatnot...further down it has a transfer rate of 11011 kbps...

i forgot how to convert them without extra effort.

thx for the replys,

i knew wireless was pretty slow but its alot nicer than running a 75-100ft cable into my room. so im guessing its a decent transfer rate considering i have 4 phones on the 2.4GHz frequency also.

Como said:
i thinks thats the overhead and whatnot...further down it has a transfer rate of 11011 kbps...

i forgot how to convert them without extra effort.

You're right! I took a quick glance at that pic. It just goes to show how careless I can be sometimes. :rolleyes:

11Mbps translates to about 1.37MBps...still an awesome transfer rate. :D

That is a good transfer rate,,,,,,,,,,,
You should consider changing the default ssid of usr8054 ,,,,,to something else. YOur router has a address of http://192.168.123.254 with a login of admin w/no password by default,,,which should be secured if you haven't done so already. That info I found on USR's website. Should should also enable WEP if you haven't done so already, to further lock down your WAP/wifi network.

if i didn't live in a hole in the middle of nowhere then i would definately change it, i've never had any problems anyways with any one even attepting to use my internet. i use mac address filters, no one knows any of the mac addresses on my network and only about 5-6 people within a 10mi radius of me even know what a mac address is and even fewer know how to change it. but i do have my admin username/password changed, its harder to figure out my username/password combo than it is to break a WPA, WEP key. and the mac address filter also helps out (even tho i've never had anyone even connect to my network that isn't in my house already)

i did another test and now i'm in awe. this was constant throughout the entire transfer... this is a 700mb file if your wondering.
insane%20wireless%20bandwidth.JPG

Back