• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card rendering problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiyoshilionz

This has shown up in 2 games, Half-Life 2 and all the Source games, along with Colin McRae Rally 2005. They're the only 2 games on my computer so I guess I could say it's happening in everything. But the main problem is that there's this flickering and discoloring on the textures. This pic is an example.

cs_italy0000.jpg

See how the walls are purple-ish? It only occurs on the static surfaces, like walls, floors, and the ground, but it flickers everywhere.

Okay I checked the files, it didn't throw out anything that was corrupted, and everything still checkerboards. Then I uninstalled/deleted the HL-2 files and redownloaded them all. Just started the game up and it's STILL HAPPENING. So I think that rules out corrupted files.........

Something Similiar happened to me in Call of duty. The Texture files were corrupt, but the .pk3 file they were in was not corrupt. A Reinstall of the game fixed it, and should fix your problem also.

Well I just said I reinstalled but it didn't fix it......

But I did find the problem!!!! I enabled 4 disabled pipelines, which seemed to only cause problems in DirectX 9 games. Re-disabled them and no more stupid artifacting. Such a stupid mistake.........

Back