• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broke 3000 pts per 24 hr avg WooHoo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gasoline

For the first time ever, I've passed the 3000 points per 24 hour average on the EOC stats site, as of the 12:00am update. Also finally made it into the top half of the top 20 ppd on the team summary page. Sure feels good, even though I know it won't last. :beer:

AWESOME!
May I ask what you are doing though? How are you getting them points?

WE KICKED THE CRAP OUT OF [H] THIS UPDATE

Fyberwire said:
May I ask what you are doing though? How are you getting them points?

I have a hodge-podge assortment of borgs folding for me right now. Three machines at home and about a dozen machines at work... a mix of Linux boxes, Windows workstations, and some dual HT Xeon servers, all ranging from 866MHz P3 boxes up to the 3.4GHz dualie servers. On each of the dual xeon servers with hyperthreading, I am running four separate instances of the FAH console client concurrently since Windows thinks these machines have four cpus in them. Today I turned on the "big packets" option for these dual xeon servers so I'm hoping to get even some more points per day out of them. Too bad I won't get to keep the servers folding for me for much more than a couple more weeks or so... my employer is letting me fold on them while "burning them in" since they are brand new right out of the box, and we're not quite ready to install the real business apps/database server software on them and bring them into live production use until about the last week of January.

Alas.... my > 3000ppd avg has fallen :-/

And one of my borgs (don't know which one yet) has ceased sending in WUs. They're scattered across multiple networks at multiple locations, so I'll have to visit them personally to find out which one has quit.

I'm hoping that the lull in ppd is perhaps due to turning on bigpackets on several machines, and that they are just simply taking a bit longer to finish the work and turn it in, and all of a sudden, I'll be getting a big spike as my quad-core borgs turn in a bunch of high score bigpacket WUs all at once.

Yeah, even pretty high end machines will take quite a wile for a big packet.

Did you turn them on for both instances? because if you did those duallys could be doing 4 bigpackets each....and thats gonna take a while.

Como said:
Did you turn them on for both instances? because if you did those duallys could be doing 4 bigpackets each....and thats gonna take a while.

Biigpackets is enabled for all four FAH console instances on each dual HT Xeon server. I wonder if maybe that's a bit too much... maybe I should've just turned on bigpackets for two instances on each box, and two instances without bigpackets. I'll visit those machines Monday morning and check the logfiles to see how they're progressing.

Back