• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i buy HL2 for dirt cheap ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonwessel

i don't think any game is worth 54.99, after all it's just a computer game, but i would pay 40 dollars. can u tell me where i can get it for cheap.

My friend got the Gold Edition for $50 at Microcenter a few weeks ago. That store is one giant psychological experiment. The regular copies of the game were going for $54.99, and in a small corner of the store, they were selling the gold copies for $79.99 with an "instant rebate" of $30. In another area of the store, a 100 pack of 48x no-name brand of cd-r's were going for $15. If you looked a little harder, you would find a 100 pack of 52x discs for $8.99.

Egg has it for 40 but it's imported, its not supported by the manufacturer.

Egg said:
After consulting with our product support department, one of them is
the international version (IBox), the other is US version. The
international version is supported here, that is why it is cheaper. The
international version is the same as the us version, except it will not be
supported by the manufacture. It should be playable online.

They told me that in an email. I was still unclear so I emailed back and they didn't respond.

All it says on gogamer.com is "This is the full english import edition of Half-Life 2. Internet connection required to install and play." What does it mean, it's not supported by the manufacturer? Isn't it just the iBox version?

That one on gg is the ibox... they both parrallel what's on Egg. According to what Egg said, the ibox isn't supported by the manufacturer.

Staples had a sale and it was $39.99. They forgot to take off the old price tag and I got it for that price even though the sale eneded 4 days before. I also had an ATI coupon and downloaded the game via Steam.

The retail box was meant to be a gift but I had to change some plans and now it's just collecting dust. :rolleyes:

Back