• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burning at high speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evaseeker

is burning cd-r at high speed bad,,

i mean i always here about ,, there is no use for the above 32 and 48 speed since these burned cd-r's will fail later or wont work anymore,,

is this makes any sense or not.

i know its better to burn at loaw speed when burning music or even mp3(to be played in external players) that maybe not be able to read the high speed burned cdr's.

sorry if this is oolllld :-/

If the burn completes verification then you're set. The thing is, when you burn at higher speeds the media needs to be better quality to avoid making coasters.

Turd Furguson said:
Good name brand media is what you need. You can tell a difference usually by looking at the companies name.
Not necessarily so... There are actually only a few companies in the world that actually made media, so a lot of the media you buy is just rebadged stuff. For instance, Verbatim use various munufactures like Mitsubishi(good) and CMC Magnetics(not go good) to produce their media.

The only way you can tell who has made the particular Media you have is by checking it out in something like Nero Info Tool and checking out the midcode. Taiyo Yuden, TDK, Ritek, CMC Magnetics, Mitsubishi, Prodisc, Ricoh are some the main manufacturers out there.

It gets even more confusing when you get companies who make their own media(like TDK) selling stuff under their name thats actually produced by another manufacturer :D

Then theres the fact that what media might be great in one burner might be awful for another... Places like www.cdfreaks.com is a good site to use to find out info like this.

Btw, its always a good idea to update your burners Firmware to the latest version.

Last edited:
Well i find its better to just burn every thing at 4x =D
whoneeds to burn so fast?? if u burn at 4x then how long does it take ??? for me it takes like 5 min or less, that fine for me i know my cd will last a long time and all i have to do is go down stairs and get a glass of juice then the burning is done.

i buy the memorex all the time i find it to be good and its not pricy like sony stuff.

syberspy9 said:
Well i find its better to just burn every thing at 4x =D
whoneeds to burn so fast?? if u burn at 4x then how long does it take ??? for me it takes like 5 min or less, that fine for me i know my cd will last a long time and all i have to do is go down stairs and get a glass of juice then the burning is done.

i buy the memorex all the time i find it to be good and its not pricy like sony stuff.

I understand where u are coming from, i do 4x whenever i dont care about time, but a 4x burn on a full 80 minute CD takes at least 20 minutes (80 minutes / 4 = 20). Most of my burns are usually the full CD too. Whereas a 52x burn takes under 3 minutes usually.

Back