• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need more wireless range!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I have pc's at 2 ends of the house(dont ask) and a group in the middle. Its a big house and my wireless signal is just strong enough for me to get a signal 90% of the time at either end. Now, I have 2 pc's at either end and 3 in the middle, so buying/making a cantenna for all of them is not practical. Is there a cheap omnidirectional signal booster I can hook to my router? Can I make something? I have a Dlink 524 revA.

Wow, thats about 2.5x how much I payed for my router lol. I was thinking something in the sub $50 total area.

I found an antenna at newegg for my dlink, I believe it was 6db gain and $25. Is that about the best I will find?

eatmyshorts, those are directional antennas. I will probably get 1 directional one, and crawl under the house and run a cable to my other 2 pc's.

Back