• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best DDR Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtracy25

I am looking to get a new ddr mobo and was wondering what you guys thought the best one is. I am currently looking at the epox 8k7a+ board. It is older though. I am going to put 512 megs crucail ram and a 1.4 ahyja stepping tbird on it. I am basically wanting some opinions of boards you guys have and the highest fsb speeds you have achieved.

Jimmy

Is tthat a yet to be released motherboard? I am wanting to get one asap. I am going to get a nforce board most likely when they come out. I just want a stop-gap board to get me through till then, but it has to be a performer. Anyone else have any other boards they can recommend?

jimmy

sonny said:
KR7-RAID & I think the 1.53GHz and 1.6GHz Palominos will fit. If not then I must be wrong:eek:

1.6Ghz palomino isn't even fabricated yet, nor 1.53.

The fastest Palomino at present is the Model 1700 Athlon XP which runs 1467Mhz (I'm using one) standard.

How can we talk about CPU support for dies that don't even exist especially when we talk of motherboards which have only two phase power arrangements.

Asus A7V266

just got this baby, so far i can hit 160 fsb with loweset memory timings, this is with no mods or attention to north bridge.
Memory is the Mushkin PC2100 the super fast one!
Me Tbird seems to max out around 1470-1500
Sandra gives nice score around 734/980
11100+ 3d 2000 marks on Geforce 2 Ultra

Very Sweet Mobo

Last edited:
Back