• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Dvd X Copy have a dvd burning speed limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

I just got my dvd burner this past week, I have finally gotten some time to finally mess with it. I got this program, from a friend not to long ago since he never used it. Anyways, when i am tryin to back up a dvd, its kinda slow... 20 min to make a backup dvd.... On my nec 16x 3500a dvd burner :( . I am using memorex 8x dvd+r's. I haven never had any experience before now, on burning dvds.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

...thats about right...say you burn at 16x, its not the same speed as burning a CD at 16x

1x is time it takes to play 4.7gigs of video on a dvd(standard compression), 1x on a cd is time it takes to play 800mb of music

trueplaya4ever8 said:
I just got my dvd burner this past week, I have finally gotten some time to finally mess with it. I got this program, from a friend not to long ago since he never used it. Anyways, when i am tryin to back up a dvd, its kinda slow... 20 min to make a backup dvd.... On my nec 16x 3500a dvd burner :( . I am using memorex 8x dvd+r's. I haven never had any experience before now, on burning dvds.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks
I think it's limited to 2x ripping... But not speed limited when actually doing the burning. But yeah, that does sound slow. My 4x burner copies DVD's in 30mins np.

Back