• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another KT600a problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmeister

Cannot get my KT600a to boot. Had same problem with original, that I sent back to newegg last month. Now I am thinking that maybe it is something I am missing... how could two MBs have the same problem, and I have not found any posts online with same problem.

System setup: Athlon XP 2400+ (first time I used a XP 2000+), AOpen nVidia TI 200 64MB video card (also tried Gigabyte Radeon 9550 128MB card), 512MB PC2100 RAM (also tried stick of 512MB PC3200 RAM from my main system).

I do get power to board, fans spin, etc. but no boot, no beeps. When I try to boot without RAM I do get one beep, but nothing else. The monitor does receive some signal from video card, but remains black. I am at a loss here and would appreciate any ideas of what else to try before giving up.

Thanks.

What make and model of board do you have? Have you checked all your other hardware to make sure it works? Can you even get into the BIOS? If you can't, try resetting the BIOS for a few minutes, and try booting again.

'd' my only suggestion is that you make sure the memory is snug in its slot. My first attempt lead to no boot, no response at all and I re-inserted the memory. that lead to success.

I had the same problem with that board, it was the video card. Is it an AGP 4x? It may just not like the chipset or something. 4x AGP is suppose to be compatible with an 8x slot, but they aren't always. Took it to Fry's they swaped out some parts and determined it was the video card. Found a suitable replacement for $29. But that is for my gf who will use it for email and web browing, nothing hardcore. If there is a computer superstore or something near you or you have spare parts try swaping out the video card.

Last edited:
Back