• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocking bfg 6800 oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tommcd64

I just bought a bfg 6800 oc. I have heard of people using rivatuner to unlock pipes 6800nu cards. Does the bfg 6800 unlock and run okay in general or does any known issues exist. I know each individual card will vary but I am speaking in general terms vs known issues for specific brands and/or product lines.

can't really generalize between brands. Either it works or it doesn't. give it a try, it is completely reversible if you get artifacts or any other problems.

J.

Check out the Sticky at the top on info on how to do it better. Also BFG should do pretty well allready, but it varies form card to card.

The BFG 6800's unlock without any problems usually. However, whether the pipes function when unlocked is a different story. You can use riva, unlock it, test for artifacts, and then undo if it does artifact.

Back