• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz recommend a Silent CPU cooler for my 939 Athlon 3200+ 6800 GT SLI system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well my xp120 does a great job of cooling my cpu, couple it with any quiet 120mm fan you like and youll have a nicely cooled silent cpu cooler

But that's too expensive for me now :cry:

I used up all my money on 680GT SLI

how SP120 with a good fan will cost around 80 USD

how about CNPS7700-Cu ?
only $ 50

is it quiet :sn: ?

Check silentpcreview.com.

Arctic-Cooling heatsinks with reverse hung fans are said to be a simple, cheap, effective, and quiet alternative to higher priced heatsinks and custom-volt-modded 80 or 120mm fans. One can be had for around 20 bucks shipped on newegg. I keep telling myself I should get one just to see how it compares to my 120mm titan on my heatercore.

The 7700 is a nice model, but I'm told its not the quietest.

I say get a nice heatsink (whichever you decide) with a 120MM Nexus. You can also mod the 7000 series CNPS-Cu with a 92MM nexus fan. Theres a guide on the SPCR forums.

raid-5 said:
But that's too expensive for me now :cry:

I used up all my money on 680GT SLI

how SP120 with a good fan will cost around 80 USD

how about CNPS7700-Cu ?
only $ 50

is it quiet :sn: ?

I love my 7700AlCu. I'm running mine at 1975rpm and I can't hear it over my Vantec Stealths. It's soo big that it also provides decent overclocking potential.

RangerXLT8 said:
I love my 7700AlCu. I'm running mine at 1975rpm and I can't hear it over my Vantec Stealths. It's soo big that it also provides decent overclocking potential.

your computer must be pretty loud. 7700 @1900rpm full speed is not silent or even quiet.

7700-Cu is probably the quitest fan i've had, i have mine at 1900rpm and i cannot hear at all, you can feel the air coming from it, but you cannot hear the fan. You would need to out your ear right to it for you to even notice that its working. btw it dropped my temps almost 30+ degrees.

I'm looking to upgrade my system to a s939 3200+ with a sli board but only go with one 6600GT for now. I was planning on the XP-90(not the XP-120 b/c I don't want to deal w/ mobo compatibility problems) but discovered the Thermatake Fanless 103 also.

In regard to video card heat, have you installed a better hsf on your card. My current 6600GT card generates a lot of heat, so I installed a Mad Dog Mulitmedia PCI slot fan(35 cfm at 26dba) underneath my card.

Back