• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Sentinels cpu burnin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snakeman300

This question is really for "sentinel* as he seems pretty clued up, but anyones help is appreciated.

Read the guide for burnin in and dropped my voltage down from 1.81 to 1.76. Left my overclock the same and booted into windows fine (just).

Ran the cpu burn in program for 8 hours with no problems. Tried prime95 at 1.76v with the same clock speed and system rebooted within 2 minutes. So nothing appears to have improved. Have i done something not quite right or do i need to give it another burn in and try again. :eh?:

Its fairly simple how I burn mine in. It helps to use theoritical data to get the point across

example:

Current max speed = 250 x 10 @ 1.8v

<lower voltage to lower possible stable, ie fails prime within 10mins>
<voltage turns out to be 1.75v>
<run a stressful program looping, like CPUburn or K7burn for several hours>
<assuming the target voltage drop = .05v>
<after 50 hours CPU has stabilized @ 1.75v>
<raise volts back to 1.8v>
<CPU net speed increase = 100mhz>

New current stable speed = 260 x 10 @ 1.8v

<reburn for voltage drop>
<new test voltage = 1.775v>
<repeat burn for several hours>
<80hrs CPU becomes stable @ 1.775v>
<raise volts again to 1.8v>
<new net CPU gain = 50mhz>

New stable speed = 265 x 10 @ 1.8v

<repeat infinatly>

Its always helped some for me, however your miliage will vary.

I ran the most stressfull burnin program (Burn7K) for around 3 days non stop till the computer locked up. didn't do anything to improve my OC...

Thanks SEN.

Only gave it one 8 hour session so was probably expecting too much Neverthless shall persevere and run overnight for several days and see what happens and like you said 50 or more hours may be needed to see any results. If there is no improvemnt then nothing lost nothing gained. If thats the case then i shall join the people who say IT DONT work:cry: or the people who say IT DOES:clap:

Bottom line is it is all down to the cpu either it can or it can't.

Does it matter if you run cpu burn in it stages like 6 hours at a time or 7 hours at a time as other people in this house use the comp and do not want it running while they are surfing round the net as it slows things down and really pi***s them off. I usually run it over night so that the by the time they want it it has completed the time i set it at.

Back