• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neighbor was using my....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Smoke

Registered
I was too lazy to set up my WEP, had to do it. My neighbor, who is also my landlord was most likely connecting by accident. He has a Netgear 802.11g router, and I have a Linksys 802.11g router. It was simply named "LINKSYS" and his was aptly named "NETGEAR." I should help him out with his security, becasue he's not the only one on my block with WiFi. Some people don't even have a clue, I'm suprised that Time Warner Cable didn't set up the security for him. They have Roadrunner and so do I but I bought my own router.

Last edited:
Always, always, always set up at least WEP on your wireless network.

Always change your admin password too.

Here at work, where there are a few other offices in this building, I can connect to networks that are not mine. In a home environment, it would be easy to figure out what kind of router they have and take control of it if you don't set up security.

Slackfumasta said:
Always, always, always set up at least WEP on your wireless network.

Always change your admin password too.

Here at work, where there are a few other offices in this building, I can connect to networks that are not mine. In a home environment, it would be easy to figure out what kind of router they have and take control of it if you don't set up security.

"127.1.0.0" :cool: But I'm not that evil.

Back