• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any updates on the G5, CATHAR??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We could clone you for sure, but it'll be more of an analogue copy. We'll also have to wait a few decades, and it'll have to share a few chromosomes with a sheep... :attn:

Reading the last couple of pages of the overclockers.com.au thread will give you some insight as to why the G5 isn't here as soon as it may have been expected.

hehe, your just TOO GOOD!

with both the G5 and the 2nd batch of G4's, your TEC experiments, and /or the rumored GPU WB, im sure your going NUTS!

o ya, and that minor thing called "life outside of watercooling"...good luck bro!
(you must have a VERY understanding and loving wife to put up with you and your "hobby"!! give her a "peck" on the cheek for me, shes a real GEM!)

take your time and do it right! (as we all KNOW you DO) just keep us "updated"... :) i knew it was "gett'n close" to the date i had in my head, but didnt want to bug ya... (till someone else started it ;) )

HiProfile said:
We could clone you for sure, but it'll be more of an analogue copy. We'll also have to wait a few decades, and it'll have to share a few chromosomes with a sheep... :attn:

Reading the last couple of pages of the overclockers.com.au thread will give you some insight as to why the G5 isn't here as soon as it may have been expected.

like this?

16th December 2004, 08:02 PM

Just finishing up the priority orders for the guys who missed out the first batch. Those blocks will be heading out very soon.

My apologies guys - I've actually been quite ill - to the point that I'm actually going into surgery on Monday for exploratory purposes to find out just what's wrong and how to treat it best.

Doesn't then help that my manager, after being told this, then dumps more work on me and starts hassling me to give myself deadlines on when it will be done around me being constantly high on painkillers, going into surgery, and attempting to have something that may resemble a break over Christmas/New Years. With luck my problem should be easily treatable.

Sorry for the whinge, but if you're going to start getting pissed off at me then you need to know why things aren't moving as fast as I would like, let alone yourself.

but dont worry, there was a HAPPY ending...

18th December 2004, 02:21 PM

Well I think I received a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

Had been using medication that was quite old and close to its expiry date, and although not yet expired, was apparantly ineffectual. This had led to the fairly rapid decline. This "problem" only affects me about once in every three or four years, and the medication had been sitting in the cupboard for about that long, even though it wasn't expired.

Got a new script for the medication when I arranged everything on Thursday, and the difference has been night and day. I'm now near totally recovered. On a scale out of ten for health, on Thursday I was about a three, and am now about an eight, with almost all symptoms gone, and given another three or four days I should be totally right.

I've taken the step to voluntarily cancel the surgery. I was worried as to why I was just getting more and more ill and that's what the exploratory surgery was for, as the medication wasn't working. Turns out that the medication was just bad, and the issue has been easily addressed. I figure why put myself through a general anaesthetic operation if the problem is addressable through normal means.

Thanks for all the kind words of concern guys. I'm just happy to be nearly back to normal.

Last edited:
Joe Camel said:
hehe, your just TOO GOOD!

with both the G5 and the 2nd batch of G4's, your TEC experiments, and /or the rumored GPU WB, im sure your going NUTS!

The 2nd batch of G4's have been shipped a while ago. I have had mine for 3 weeks now. :) I was one of the people in the 2nd batch. Either way he's a hard working man with a lot of things he needs to do. :thup:

-Alex-

[AK]Zip said:
The 2nd batch of G4's have been shipped a while ago. I have had mine for 3 weeks now. :) I was one of the people in the 2nd batch. Either way he's a hard working man with a lot of things he needs to do. :thup:

-Alex-

You were a "priority" order, being people who just missed out on the first batch, which accounted for around 25% of the second batch blocks.

I still have around 75% of the second G4 batch of blocks left here. I just haven't had the time to co-ordinate it yet.

Cathar said:
You were a "priority" order, being people who just missed out on the first batch, which accounted for around 25% of the second batch blocks.

I still have around 75% of the second G4 batch of blocks left here. I just haven't had the time to co-ordinate it yet.

Ohh wow. Now i feel special. :bday:

Back